Last updated March 20, 2023
Your privacy is important. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand the information we collect and what we do with it. Here is a summary of our privacy practices and our promise to you:
- We incorporate privacy and security when developing and improving our Services in alignment with applicable laws.
- Student Personal Information is only collected and used for educational purposes as instructed by the school or school district or the student’s parent or guardian.
- We do not collect, use, or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than authorized educational purposes or as authorized by the student’s parent or guardian.
- We never sell Personal Information or share it with others for advertising purposes.
- You can access or update your Personal Information at any time by logging into JumpRope. If you need assistance, please contact your school or school district.
- Our third-party service providers must maintain privacy and data security standards that are at least as rigorous as our own.
- If we update this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by email or by placing a banner or pop-up on JumpRope.
By using our Services, you consent to this Privacy Notice and the collection and use of information as described below. We will take steps to notify you and to confirm that you agree at different stages of information collection. If you do not agree with these practices, do not use our Services.
As used in this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an individual or their household. Personal Information falls within certain categories, for example:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, email, telephone number, address, username);
- Sensitive Personal Information (e.g., government identification number; precise geolocation; racial or ethnic origin; religious beliefs; health information; contents of messages when we are not the recipient; in some cases, information about a known child);
- Legally protected information (e.g., race, citizenship, marital status, sex);
- Employment-related information (e.g., current or past employment);
- Non-public educational information, including information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. § 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99);
- Biometrics (e.g., fingerprints, face/voice prints) and audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or olfactory information;
- Commercial information (e.g., products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies);
- Internet or other similar activity (e.g., browsing history; content interactions); and
- Inferences drawn from Personal Information to create a profile about preferences, characteristics, trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, and aptitudes.
Not all information about you is protected by law. For example, publicly available information, aggregated information (meaning data summaries or reports with Personal Information removed), or anonymized information that cannot be linked back to an individual may be excluded from protection under privacy laws.
Student Privacy and Security
Student Privacy. To protect the privacy of children online, the Company does not collect Personal Information from any student JumpRope User. Rather, each school or school district that uses JumpRope initiates JumpRope User access to the Parent and Student Portal. As such, the school or school district, not JumpRope, is responsible for obtaining JumpRope User consent, including parental consent, as required by applicable privacy laws.
Parental Consent. JumpRope’s Parent and Student Portal allows students and their family members to view student grades and other information the school or school district houses in JumpRope. Note that JumpRope does not allow student JumpRope Users to input Personal Information about themselves on JumpRope; therefore, the Company is not required to obtain parental consent under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
School Rules. As a service provider to your school or school district, we only collect and use student Personal Information as instructed by the school or school district or as permitted by law. We do not collect, maintain, use, or disclose student Personal Information beyond what is needed to provide our Services at the direction of the school or school district or as authorized by the student’s parent or guardian.
Children’s Privacy. Our Services are designed to support schools and school districts and are intended for use by adults, not children. Please do not submit any Personal Information through the Site if you are under age 16, and never use JumpRope without parental consent. If the Company learns we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We only collect, use, retain, and disclose Personal Information: (a) with your consent as informed by this Privacy Notice and freely given at the time you provide the information; (b) if we have a legitimate interest in doing so, such as providing or improving our services; or (c) as authorized or required by law. We will limit the collection of Personal Information to that which is reasonable and necessary. We limit our processing to what is adequate and relevant to the specific, express purposes described below or as reasonably necessary and proportionate to provide the Services or for other purposes that we disclose to you and are compatible with the context of how we collected the Personal Information.
Over the last 12 months, we have collected Personal Information in the form of identifiers, protected classification information, sensitive Personal Information, employment-related information, non-public educational information, internet or other similar activity, and commercial history. How and from where we collect Personal Information is described in more detail below.
JumpRope Users. If you are a JumpRope User, we collect and use Personal Information related to your use of JumpRope as follows:
- Provided to us by your school or school district. When you use JumpRope we collect Personal Information directly from your school or school district to achieve our legitimate interest of fulfilling our obligations under our services agreement. We use this information to provide the school and school district with the services and support to which it has subscribed. Your school or school district can provide you with additional details about the Personal Information it is housing on JumpRope. Note that we do not collect any Personal Information directly from the JumpRope User. As such, each school and school district are responsible for obtaining consent from JumpRope Users to collect, use, process, and store Personal Information on JumpRope.
- Input by a school administrator or teacher. School administrators and teachers may input Personal Information into JumpRope about themselves or about students enrolled in the school or district. This Personal Information is similar to the type of information found in a school or school district’s Student Information System (SIS), such as a student’s name, birthdate, grade level, home address, and parent or guardian contact information, among other information. Schools or school districts may also house attendance-related information, student grades, and student-related comments that are associated with grades.
As a JumpRope User, your Personal Information is housed on JumpRope to facilitate your school or district’s use of JumpRope. Your school or school district determines how your Personal Information is used. Note that students and their family members may view student grades and other information on JumpRope’s Parent and Student Portal, but students are not able to input Personal Information about themselves to JumpRope.
The Company does not use Personal Information housed on JumpRope for its own purposes. Student Personal Information is only used for educational purposes and the Company will not create a student profile for use as part of a non-educational purpose. We may deidentify or aggregate the Personal Information in order to run analytics or generate internal reports to achieve the legitimate interest of better understanding JumpRope User statistics and improving JumpRope.
Visitors to the Site. When you visit the Site, we may collect and use Personal Information about you as follows:
- Submitted by you, with your consent. If you access or submit an inquiry through our Site, request a quote or a demo of JumpRope, sign up for an account, or register to receive other services, we may ask you to provide identifiers like your name, email, phone, employment or educational information like your school or school district and job title. We may also request that you input a password provided by your school or school district. We use the Personal Information we collect directly from you to respond to your inquiries about JumpRope, schedule a demo, create and maintain your online account and access to our online services, and communicate with you about your account and our services. We may also use your Personal Information for direct marketing, such as sending you emails and newsletter communications. We will only send you marketing communications in ways that are compatible with your communications choices.
- Provided by Service Providers, with a legitimate interest. We may supplement the Personal Information we collect from you with information we obtain from vendors that provide us with marketing and other business support (“Service Providers”). We collect this information to achieve our legitimate interest of marketing JumpRope to schools and school districts. All aggregate information that is linked or linkable to your Personal Information will be treated as Personal Information.
Other Uses of Personal Information. In addition to the specific uses described above, we might also use your Personal Information to (a) monitor your compliance with any of your agreements with us; (b) protect your privacy and enforce this Privacy Notice; (c) if we believe it is necessary, to identify, contact, or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to us, or to others; (d) comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or court order; or (e) fulfill any other purpose to which you consent.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use already collected Personal Information for purposes that are materially different, unrelated, or not reasonably necessary or compatible with the original purpose without notice and consent to you as required by law. We will update this Privacy Notice or otherwise notify you before we collect additional categories of Personal Information or use your Personal Information for purposes that are incompatible with the purpose stated at the time of collection.
We only retain the Personal Information we collect as long as necessary to deliver our Services or for school or school district purposes. For example, we retain Personal Information associated with JumpRope User accounts while the account remains active. Personal Information we collect from a school or school district is retained until the school or school district deletes it or instructs us to do so. We may retain Personal Information for longer periods as necessary and permitted under applicable law. At the end of the retention period, we will delete, anonymize or deidentify the Personal Information.
In the preceding 12 months, the Company has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for business purposes: (a) identifiers; (b) protected classification information; (c) sensitive Personal Information; (d) employment-related information; (e) non-public educational information; (f) internet or other similar activity; and (g) commercial history. We may disclose Personal Information for business purposes to:
- Our Service Providers. We rely on trusted Service Providers to support JumpRope. As such, our Service Providers may have access to Personal Information as needed to perform their contractual obligations to us. We prohibit our Service Providers from selling or disclosing the Personal Information we provide, and we require them to maintain confidentiality standards and appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your Personal Information. To learn more about our service providers, please request the JumpRope Subprocessor List from email@example.com.
- Our Affiliates. If we disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates, their use and disclosure of your Personal Information will be subject to this Privacy Notice.
- Law enforcement or other governmental agencies, as permitted or required by law.
- Other Third Parties, as permitted by applicable law. Examples include: if we go through a business transition (e.g., merger, acquisition, or sale of a portion of our assets); to comply with a legal requirement or a court order; when we believe it is appropriate in order to take action regarding illegal activities or prevent fraud or harm to any person; to exercise or defend our legal claims; or for any other reason with your consent. If the Company goes through a business transition, the successor entity would use privacy practices similar to those stated in this Privacy Notice and each school or school district would have a choice whether to proceed with the Services provided by the successor entity.
- Aggregated and Deidentified Information. We reserve the right to share aggregate, anonymized, or deidentified information about any individuals with nonaffiliated entities for marketing, advertising, research or other purposes, without restriction.
Your Privacy Controls
JumpRope Users can control their Personal Information and privacy choices through:
- JumpRope User Accounts. You can access, correct, update, or delete certain Personal Information through your JumpRope User account. If you require assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may use your email and other contact information to send you advertising and marketing communications. If you do not want us to use your email address or other contact information for advertising purposes, you can opt out by following the “unsubscribe” link in any email from us, or by emailing us directly at email@example.com. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
- Text Messages.By providing us with your wireless phone number, you consent to the Company sending you informational text messages related to our services. You can unsubscribe from our text messages by replying STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to any of these text messages. Messaging and data charges may apply to any text message you receive or send. Please contact your wireless carrier if you have questions about messaging or data charges.
- Device Settings. You can control the data we collect through cookies and related technologies by adjusting your device settings or your cookie preferences on the Site.
- Do Not Track. Do Not Track signals are signals sent through a browser informing us that you do not want to be tracked. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests.
- Privacy Requests. If you are a JumpRope User, please direct any privacy-related requests or inquiries to your school or school district. As a service provider to schools and school districts, we are unable to respond directly to requests from JumpRope Users and we will instead direct your request to your school or school district.
If you are not a JumpRope User, you can exercise your privacy rights, express concerns, or request information by submitting Privacy Request to firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at (866) 356-7832. We may only legally fulfill a Consumer Privacy Request when we have sufficient information to verify that the requester is the person or an authorized representative of the person about whom we have collected Personal Information, and to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to the request. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to a verifiable request unless we have legal grounds to do so. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate. If we do not fulfill your request within the legally required timeline, you can appeal our response by contacting email@example.com.
Notice of Privacy Rights
In the United States, consumer privacy is governed by federal privacy laws covering specific industries or data uses and state privacy laws providing with general consumer privacy rights. This section provides informational notices for state privacy laws applicable to residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Utah, Virginia, and other states that require companies to inform consumers about their privacy rights and provide a method to exercise those rights. Residents of states offering privacy protections (each a “Consumer”) that apply to the Company can exercise their privacy rights as applicable to our Services by submitting a Privacy Request.
- No Sale or Sharing. Some states entitle consumers to opt-out of the sale of their Personal Information or sharing their Personal Information for targeted advertising. We do not sell your Personal Information or share your Personal Information with third parties for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes. If this changes in the future, we will update this Privacy Notice and provide you with a method to opt-out.
- Limited Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. The Company does not seek to collect sensitive Personal Information about any individual, and in no case do we disclose any sensitive Personal Information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you. If this ever changes in the future, we will update this Privacy Notice and provide you with methods to limit use and disclosure of sensitive Personal Information.
- No Profiling. The Company does not process your Personal Information to evaluate, analyze, or predict your interests and preferences or otherwise use automated profiling to produce significant effects that concern you. If this changes in the future, we will update this Privacy Notice and provide you with a method to opt-out.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information about you on our systems. If you become aware that the Personal Information that we hold about you is incorrect, or if your information changes, please inform us and we will update our records.
- Right to Erasure. Some states entitle Consumers to request that businesses delete their Personal Information from the business’s information systems. The Company may permanently delete, deidentify, or aggregate the Personal Information in response to a request for deletion.
- Right to Disclosure. You may request that we disclose information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information, such as: (a) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you; (b) the categories of sources for the Personal Information we have collected about you; (c) our business purpose for collecting, using, processing, sharing or selling that Personal Information, as applicable; (d) the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information; and (e) if we sold or shared your Personal Information under the CCPA, two separate lists stating: (i) sales or sharing, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and (ii) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained. Certain laws may limit the number or frequency of requests we must fulfill.
- Right to Access. You may have the right to request confirmation that we have collected Personal Information about you and that we provide you with access to that Personal Information. If you submit an access request, we will provide you with copies of the requested pieces of Personal Information in a portable and readily usable format. Please note that we may be prohibited by law from disclosing certain pieces of Personal Information, and we may be limited in the number or frequency of requests we must fulfill.
- Right to Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights. For example, unless permitted by law we will not: (a) deny you goods or services; (b) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services; (c) provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; (d) retaliate against you as an employee, applicant for employment, or independent contractor for exercising your privacy rights; or (e) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services, because you exercised a right under applicable privacy laws.
- Right to Disclosure of Marketing Information. California’s Shine the Light Act (Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84) entitles California residents to request certain disclosures regarding Personal Information sharing with affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes.
If you are a JumpRope User, please contact your school or school district to exercise these rights or inquire further. Otherwise, you may send us a Consumer Privacy Request or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the information that is housed on JumpRope. We have implemented and maintain reasonable security measures appropriate to the volume, scope, and nature of the Personal Information processed and designed to meet our duty of care with respect to your Personal Information. We work with our school and school district customers to provide JumpRope with commercially appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and to help prevent unauthorized access to and maintain the security of Personal Information collected through JumpRope. These safeguards include industry-standard encryption, https secure connections, password protection, and two-factor authentication to access the JumpRope infrastructure. We update and test our technology to improve the protection of our information about you and to assure the integrity of that information. Personal Information is maintained on secure servers and is accessible to authorized personnel only on a "need-to-know" basis. The Company educates employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy through standard operating procedures and training programs. Please note that no transmission of data over the Internet is 100% secure. While the Company employs reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not defeat those measures or use nonpublic Personal Information for improper purposes. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or for actions of third parties.
Access to Student Information. School and school district administrators can create new JumpRope User accounts and define access levels within JumpRope. A JumpRope User who is defined as a staff member or administrator can view student names, biographical information, grades, attendance, and other data collected by the school or district. A student JumpRope User and their family members given access to the JumpRope Parent and Student Portal can only view that student’s grades, class schedule, information about classwork, and attendance-related data. The Company’s personnel can access all information housed on JumpRope, but only do so to support school and school district level issues with JumpRope and only in compliance with the Company’s legal requirements and internal policies for handling Personal Information. Our Service Providers may also have access to student Personal Information housed on JumpRope while they are carrying out these services. However, we require all Service Providers to maintain confidentiality standards that are commercially reasonable to ensure the security of your Personal Information.
Account Security. If you are a JumpRope User or otherwise create an account with us, you will have a login and password. We encourage you to take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account and password by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your login and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or call forwarding numbers, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized activity.
Third Party Websites and Advertising. This Privacy Notice applies only to information collected by the Company. We may provide links to third party websites from our Site as a service to our Site visitors, but we have no ability to control, and we are not responsible for, the privacy and data collection, use, and disclosure practices of third-party websites. When you click on links that take you to external websites, you will be subject to their privacy notices and practices and not ours. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy notices of such websites before providing them with any information.
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make material changes to how we treat your Personal Information, we will notify you by email or by placing a banner or pop-up on JumpRope and we will post the new Privacy Notice on this page. Your continued use of the Site, JumpRope or our other services after we make changes is deemed to be your acceptance of those changes. The date that this Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.